Laboratory Conical Flasks are made from materials ranging from glass, aluminium, steel as well as from Polymer based materials such as PMP, Polypropylene, PTFE. Laboratory Conical Flasks come in different forms namely:
- Conventional Erlenmeyer Narrow Neck form,
- Wide Neck form,
- Graduated forms with stopper or screw caps,
- Fernbach form
- Graduated/non-graduated Erlenmeyer form with ground socket.
- Baffle flask form and
- Heavy duty forms.
Laboratory conical flasks used in most laboratories are made from low expansion, Type 1, class A borosilicate glass that can be heated directly in an open flame. Depending on the material they are made from, they can be transparent, translucent or outright opaque with different shapes and volumetric capacities (5ml, 10ml, 25ml, 50ml, 100ml, 250ml, 400ml, 500ml, 600ml, 800ml, 1000ml, 2000ml, 3000ml, 5000ml, 10000ml, 20000ml).
Pyrex, Kimax, Duran, Volac, Kartell, Nalgene and Azlon are among the more popular brands available in the Nigerian market. They are manufactured to comply with international standards for general laboratory use such as receiving, mixing, heating, and cooling during titration, distillation, chromatography and other laboratory experiments .
1. Pyrex Conical/Erlenmeyer Flasks – Narrow Neck
These flask Complies with DIN ISO 1773, Erlenmeyer pattern, they are manufactured from Pyrex® borosilicate glass for highest resistance to thermal shock and chemical corrosion. They come engraved with white enamel graduations and marking spot and are graduated to full capacity. They are printed with Trace Code for downloadable batch certificate.
2. Pyrex Conical/Erlenmeyer Flasks – Wide Neck
Complies with DIN ISO 24450, Erlenmeyer pattern with wide neck.
3. Pyrex Conical/Erlenmeyer Flasks – Wide Neck, Heavy Duty.
4. Pyrex Conical/Erlenmeyer Flasks – Narrow Neck, Heavy Duty.
5. Pyrex Conical/Erlenmeyer Flasks – with SVL Screw Cap